Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Welcome to Making a Happy Home..Frugally!

For my first post, I thought I'd tell ya'll a little about me. I recently rejoined the force of the Stay At Home Mom. I am getting married in just under 3 weeks to the love of my life, and after sitting down and discussing the ins and outs, we discovered that after paying daycare costs, etc. with 3 children I was only bringing home about $200 a month, hardly worth the stress that came with my job as a benefits analyst. I've believed for quite a few years that I was born after my time. I am more than happy to be home, taking care of my children and family. I have absolutely nothing against mothers who work, I firmly believe everyone has to make the decision that's right for them and their circumstances, but being home is what *I* love.

I've been frugal all of my life, I was taught quite well by my parents on how to conserve energy, etc. in the most basic of ways, and as an adult I am gradually learning even more tips and tricks to make our dollars scream for mercy! Frugality is something that you are either born enjoying, or comes about due to circumstances. Whatever your situation, I certainly hope you will enjoy my blog!

I won't just be writing about saving money, no no no. I plan to share with you my journey's into using all of these cookbooks I have collected, planting a garden and learning food preservation techniques (Is there a "Canning for Dummies" book?) for the first time, working on our "fixer-upper" house we purchased in June (a first for both my fiancee and I), plus the everyday trials and tribulations of parenting, marriage and life in general.

A little more about my family. I have 3 sons (aged 6, 5 and 2), 4 cats, and my fiancee of course. We live in Southern Indiana, in close proximity to Kentucky. My fiancee is a machinist who works generally 6 days a week and is also an Army Reservist. We are planning our wedding as cheaply as possible, and counting the days to our marriage.

So grab a cup of coffee or tea, pass me some chai, and enjoy my journey into making a happy frugal home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home