Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Every persons dream...FREE STUFF!


Legitimate free stuff that is!

Freecycle.org is a grassroots movement founded in 2003 in Tucson, Arizona to promote waste reduction. Today, it is an entirely non-profit movement which has spread not only across the United States, but the world as well. It works like this. You sign up for your local Freecycle group (find it here) , make a post about that old couch hanging out in your garage you've been wanting to get rid of for years, then wait for someone to come pick it up.

Freecycle does not allow any selling of items, it operates solely on the "one mans trash is another mans treasure" philosophy. In my area, the list is quite large and active, but where we just moved from it was not. I personally have received cabinets for my kitchen (just need refinished), the beautiful plants I mentioned in another post, paint for our garage, etc. etc. And I have decluttered many items as well, most currently, the 100 bricks I pulled out of our yard!

To date, there are over 3,000 Freecycle groups across the world, so check out the one in your area!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home