Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Spice is the variety of life...

Otherwise known as, random happenings at my place!

My son Alex did it again. Drove me crazy then made me laugh till I peed my pants that is. He's working on number families in math class. Well, he was having issues with it tonight, and I sat and worked with him on it for oh, about an hour before I started getting frustrated (it was a 2 problem worksheet) told him to go sit down, pay attention, and let me breathe for 5 minutes. He says, "I'm sorry mommy, I got stupid on my way to the table." Yes, that's right, his brain fell right out and he "got stupid". Let me first say, stupid is a word that is very rarely heard in our house. I think it comes from my own parents, if they heard me or my sister say the word stupid, we were in trouble. So it's not something he's gotten from here-I had in fact been telling him I know that he's smart and that he understands this, because we've been working on it for quite awhile, tonight's homework was review. But I guess we have a strange force field in our home tonight that causes intelligent children to "get stupid" in less than 5 minutes flat.

I've been crafting up a storm over here the last few days. I finally finished a few pairs of boxer shorts for Jacob, after a week of him asking if I had done them yet. I have 4 more pairs cut out, just need to NOT procrastinate getting them done. I finished a rice bag today, and I love it. I've gotten rave reviews from the recipient with urgings to list them on Etsy, so I put one up today and we'll see what happens! I made them with a slipcover that can be washed, and the inside is unbleached muslin. I'm lovin' em! See that little pocket? That's for putting in either a little bunch of herbs, or a cottonball that has a few drops of essential oil on it, that way you can change up your scent to match your mood. What do you guys think?


I also made a quickie quilt for Wyatt. The temperatures dropped here the other day (Hello Fall!), and I realized the poor guy didn't have any blankets of adequate warmth that would be safe for him to sleep with. I don't like really thick blankets on my babies due to SIDS risks, so I did a simple block out of a super soft flannel, thin layer of batting and backed with the same flannel, then tied. I love it, and am completely jealous of his blankie (bad mommy!), but he adores it and is constantly grabbing for it when he sees it. Excuse the horrid picture, hard as heck to get a decent one!

I'm sure there's more, but it's been a long day, and I've bored ya'll enough for today! Tomorrow-more random and a meme I got tagged with!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger lera said…

    Cute stuff. I like the idea of the pocket on the rice bag.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home