Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And the winner is.....

Well, there were only 3 entries...so it didn't take too long to write em up and throw em in the hat. Alex was thrilled he got to pick the winner, AND read the name. Barb! You win one of my pouches...I certainly hope you like it! So please email me with your name and address and I'll get one out to you hopefully this week before we leave on our little trip.

Now you other two girls...Lera and Hunny Bunny. You need to email me your addresses too because you're going to get a goody package just for being awesome enough to read my drivel AND brave commenting lol.

Sorry posting has been sparse AGAIN this week. Does anyone else feel like they have ADD on a pretty regular basis?? I don't honestly know what that feels like, but I imagine my brain has GOT to be close. I'm constantly flitting from this to this to this, and nothing ever seems to get 100% finished. Well, some things of course, but I think you know what I mean. This week my mind has been preoccupied with this:


Yup, that's right I made a skirt. I used the Amy Butler Barcelona Skirts pattern. This is the first time EVER I've followed a pattern and made something. I am SO excited. I really wanted a skirt for our trip this weekend and this fit the bill. It took me way too long (about 4 hours total?), but again, I'd never followed a pattern before. I also had to shorten it about 5 inches. It's a bit big on me, I don't even need the zipper, but I love it! I found the fabric on clearance at Joann's last week, it's a Tracy Porter print that I just love. I used dark chocolate thread to do a vine stitch around the hem (which you can't really see in the pic) but I think it really looks nice.

My hope is that with this trip, I'll be able to regroup a bit and settle my mind down. Wyatt has started teething, with all the low grade fevers, fussiness and lack of sleep that comes with it, so that's part of my disorganization I'm sure.

So anyways, what do you think? Like the skirt? I can't wait to make a few more!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Barb Mcf said…

    I like the fabric you used for your skirt. Each time you make something from a pattern, the first one takes the longest as you make all of the adjustments then. From then on, making others using different fabric is much faster. I used to make most of the clothes that my kids and I wore. Now, I live in jeans and t-shirts or sweatshirts. I'm going for comfort now in my old age.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger lera said…

    Yes. I definitely like the skirt! Great fabric choice.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Barb Mcf said…

    How about making a handbag to match the skirt? When I was younger, I always had to match my handbag to my outfit, shoes too. Guess I'm dating myself. LOL

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful skirt. You're a very brave soul to make a garmet to wear from a pattern. I've yet to attempt it and I've been sewing for years. Yours turned out terrific.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home