Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Sunday, September 02, 2007

A day for new things

First, this is what we woke up to this morning:


Yup, KITTENS! We are very much a cat family around here, we have 3 adults and 5 kittens from a previous "batch", and we didn't have a chance to have the 2 un-spayed females fixed before we moved since they were still nursing at that point. Well, as cats tend to do, BOTH of them got pregnant right after we moved (they are predominantly outside cats). So, this is Hera and her 5 new kittens. The other cat, Zeus, also gave birth today, but I haven't been able to get a very good picture because she had them outside in one of the window wells by the basement. She had 4 though, and they are so gorgeous! We really have to get them fixed after this though, our kittens runneth over!

Second, my dear husband took me out to breakfast this morning since he had an unexpected day off duty, then took me shopping! He was convinced he still needed to get me a birthday present even though he just bought my new machine a couple of weeks ago (which I TOTALLY considered my present lol). Well, he got me a new cutting mat and ruler. My old mat is well, trash basically. It was one of the cheapies from Wal-Mart that is horrid on blades, and it was very cut up. I only have one ruler to use when cutting, and I was looking at a couple of other ones to add a bit more variety so I grabbed one of those too. Joann's is having a pretty good Labor Day sale so I got a $45 mat and $19 ruler for $37 all together! I used my 40% coupon on the ruler, and the mat was already on sale, plus the flyer had an additional 10% coupon in it.

And last but not least, I have another CD visor in my Etsy shop. This one is done with a really cute fabric from Timeless Treasures that has little paper dolls all over it. I'm really liking the alternating fabric pockets. Also, I figured out how to make my own bias tape (I know..how hard is it? Seriously...refer to earlier space cadet comments), so I'm using that to trim these with. I'm hoping to sell a few of these, gotta pay for more fabric right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home