Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Finished Friday!

Ok, due to the same issues as the previous post, I didn't get my posts up on time last week. So I changed Friday to "Finished". As in, look at what I finished!!!!

This is the front side of my husband's new "blankie". Even though football season is almost over, I made this for him to snuggle under while watching games (or, very soon, Nascar races). This is a premade fleece Notre Dame panel, cut straight off a bolt. It was pretty boring alone, so I wanted to create a bit more of a "thing" to spice it up a bit.

This is the back of the blanket, decked out in Dallas Cowboys style, for his other favorite football team. The pillow I made using leftover yardage of the Cowboys fabric and plain white squares. This is the first pillow I've made but it turned out really well, and he's been using the set every evening since it was finished.

The satin binding was tricky, I don't know if it was my lack of sewing knowledge, my machine, or a combination of the two, but there are a couple of spots the didn't turn out quite right as you can see in the first picture. Anyone have any ideas? I don't know that I'll make anymore blankets using the binding, but if I do, I would like to know how to do it RIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home