Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Monday, October 23, 2006

The Frugalista Bible....The Tightwad Gazette

I have been a fan of The Tightwad Gazette for many, many years. Even before I had kids! But since I've become a mom, this book has become even more useful. I own The Complete Tightwad Gazette, which is the compilation of all 3 of Amy Dacyzyn's books, and it is a must for anyone wanting to make their way with a frugal lifestyle. I admit, I do not recycle aluminum foil (except when I take it to the recycling center), or baggies (I get them generally for free or pennies with coupons and a good sale), but as you will see over the coming weeks, we are quite frugal, in ways we don't even realize sometimes, but I'm going to start using this book alot more and taking advantage of all the great ideas.

You can find it quite cheaply at Amazon or Half.com. I definitely recommend purchasing this book, because if you're anything like me, you'll want to make notes in the margins, highlight, and read it over and over and over again. The cheapest I saw at these two sites was $9 used (this is a BIG book, over 400 pages) at Amazon, and that's a great price! A good investment for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home