Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A is for...Alexander!


Alexander is my second son. He is the family goof ball, always trying to make everyone laugh. He constantly runs around making sound effects with his mouth, to which I frequently have to say "Alex, turn off the sound effects!" lol. He is also the most sensitive of my boys, thus the unsmiling face in almost every photo I have of him, he is easily embarrassed and quite self conscious.

Alex was born at 32 weeks after a pregnancy full of scares. He was a twin, and I lost his twin at 16 weeks due to a partial placental abruption. He is truly a miracle child. He died 4 times before he was two days old. After the last time, the doctors didn't want to try and save him, and I went "mommy" on them, so they did everything they could and he came back to me. He then got his first lecture. I told him "Don't you ever do that to me again!". And he didn't. He is a constant joy in my life, always good for a kiss, a snuggle, or just a laugh.

He is also my clone. Seriously, put long hair and different equipment on that boy and you wouldn't be able to tell us apart at the same age. He also unfortunately inherited my gift for klutziness, and for being able to put his foot in his mouth in no time flat. It's hard to parent a child you think you know so well because he is so much of you, and still recognize those traits that are so inherently HIM. He is a wonderful kid though and I am so glad he is mine!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh, what a wonderful story about your son and you wrote about it in such a lovely way. Thanks for sharing and joining in the meme!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home