Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Killer Kmart and Walgreens deals this week!

Kmart and Walgreens got my shopping business this week with specials they are running. I haven't been saving any coupons from the paper recently because we just moved, and I haven't found the best way to get a paper on Sundays yet. We are in a pretty rural area, and the small local store sells out of papers VERY quickly (why they don't just order more is beyond me!), and I'm not sure if I can get a paper delivered that has decent coupons. So I've been buying coupons from Ebay , and I have decent luck doing that, but sometimes you see sales that you didn't have the forethought to get coupons for!
So anyways, other than that, I've been relying on the great Register Rewards deals Walgreens has been having recently, as well as coupons I can find in stores. This week (and until August 13th) Kmart is running a really great deal. Coupons can be found in most stores for a $10 Gift Card when you buy one package of Duracell batteries (on sale this week for $5.50), and 2 qualifying Procter & Gamble items. Various items qualify and are all listed on the coupon. I did buy coupons for Crest toothpaste to use with this deal off of Ebay, but I ended up using all of them at Walgreen's because they gave me more bang for my buck there (I'll get to it, just a second lol). So I used the Zest bodywash coupons I'd purchased for $1/1. I bought one bodywash, one package of batteries, and a .99 package of 3 bars of Ivory soap to use when I venture into making my own laundry detergent. After I used all my Zest coupons I purchased Dawn dishsoap (we don't have a dishwasher so I have to stock up on this stuff!), which happened to be on clearance for .70 a bottle and more Ivory soap.
At Walgreens, when you buy $20 of Proctor & Gamble items, you receive a $10 Catalina coupon for your next purchase. Well, on Sunday and Monday, there was a glitch in the system so it was actually printing out $16 worth of Catalinas for every $20 you purchased. So for each order I bought 9 tubes of Crest toothpaste, on sale for $1.39 then used my $1 coupons. My total cost was $3.51 and I received $16 in catalinas. I did this three separate times. I ended up spending about $9 cash, and had $42 left in my purse to use next time I went to the store. Not too shabby!
Here's a picture of my total haul for the day:

As you can see, there are LOTS Of tubes of toothpaste, 22 bottles of Zest, 9 packages of Always pantiliners, you can't see the Ivory soap in the back, 22 packages of batteries and some bottles of Dawn. The Johnson's bodywash I used coupons I found online for $4 off a bottle, I was allowed to print two so I got those for free! The glue sticks and padded envelopes were purchased using the overage at Kmart on the Duracell coupons. I still have $25 left on the Kmart gift certificate, and about 20 more coupons to use before the end of this promo. With the accumulated overage, our plan is to buy a new grill. Not too shabby huh?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Gini (Hallquist) Young said…

    Holy Crap! You are my hero! I haven't been paying alot of attention to the sales lately, but I caught a glimpse of the Rite Aid/Eckerd add and thought I'd better get back into it! I'm impressed. I also did the scratch and dent sale this past weekend. Thanks for your comment. And we do share a b-day...exactly. I will be 28 as well! Happy first day of your b-day month!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home