Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wearing the baby

Slings and babywearing are nothing new, they've been around for as long as women have been having babies. In recent years, they've seen a resurgence in popularity as more parents are practicing attachment parenting. I wouldn't necessarily put myself into that camp, although there are some aspects I do practice. We do co-sleep with Wyatt the majority of the time, I am successfully breastfeeding (was unable to with my other boys for a myriad of reasons), and I am trying to find instructions to sew a basic ring sling to wear Wyatt in. I had one with Alexander, but it was made for someone quite a bit taller/bigger than I am, and as I've recently learned, that makes a huge difference! Who woulda thunk it?

I picked out a gorgeous fabric for our sling, it's really fun and funky. One of the fabric coops I'm in on yahoo did a buy on rings for slings, so I picked up a few in random colors, and the turquoise matches our fabric perfectly! I'm excited to start work on this, I need to find an hour or two to sew on it uninterrupted (HA!), then I can show you the finished project!

Last night I got hit with insomnia about 3:30 am, my mind had visions of aprons and bibs. What a combo huh? I'm finally getting into the groove with the kids, so I can start being creative again. I "designed" an apron, it's very basic, but once I get the first one sewn up I'll post it on here, and the bib as well. I have alot of ideas brewing, now to put them into action! I'll add fabric pictures here in a bit so you can see how cool it is!


Edited to add the pic! This has a little bit of sparkle on the gold areas for depth, it is so gorgeous!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Rootietoot said…

    SOmething I did for bibs was to use wash cloths and soft knit fabric to make a sort of turtleneck in one corner of the washcloth. I made them so they could be popped over his head, but you could do a velcro button instead.

    (howdy :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home