Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Just a little craftiness

Thanks for the kittie sympathies, I know I'm way too emotionally attached to my animals, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I know you other animal lovers out there understand.

I've been trying to sew for at least a few minutes every day, I have some swap obligations to finish up this month, as well as some custom "do you think you can do this" kind of things I need to start wrapping my mind around. One thing I've finally gotten the hang of is having both hands free while nursing Wyatt, so I picked up some embroidery. I had never really embroidered before a few months ago when I saw the Stitch School over at Primrose Design. I've done counted cross stitch since I was young, but had never ventured into more free form designs like you get with embroidery. I picked up some old clown transfers at a yard sale for a nickel (a nickel!!! For a BIG package!), and they still had pretty good ink so I put some onto large muslin squares. Here is mid process of my first try.


I'm not happy with the way his face looks, I couldn't get the stars to look right for his eyes. It's a learning process though. I just did basic back stitch for everything really except satin stitch for his nose. All in all, I'm enjoying it. This little guy is done now, and is in the to do pile to reach his final "destination" so to speak.


---------------------------------------------------
I started this post over two hours ago, we've lost 3 more kittens, a fourth is not faring too well, and the 5th, and last kitten, has now been given a flea bath and I went and got some commercial kitten milk and a feeder bottle as a just in case. I have no idea what is happening with these poor poor babies, but I will NOT let the other one die without a fight.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger lera said…

    I wonder what is going on with your kitties. It's very sad and odd at the same time.

    I've been doing a bit of embroidery lately, too, but only because my sewing machine is not working. It's a nice "sit-on-the-sofa" craft.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home