Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Monday, October 08, 2007

Wow!


I just went and looked at my site stats for today (I tend to check them once a day or so, just out of curiosity) , and I've had a bunch of visitors from over at Money Saving Mom. Welcome ya'll! I'm thrilled that you came by to read some tips, and totally humbled. I hope that some of the stuff I've contained here will help you out. I'm in the process of building a better blog for my readers, so if there's stuff anyone wants to see, please please please leave me a comment or drop me an email and let me know.
I was just sitting here earlier today as I was nursing Wyatt, looking over at my coffeetable at my Tightwad Gazette book, thinking that I need to read it again. Lately, my frugality, while always present, hasn't been at the forefront of my mind. Starting a business, as well as normal family stuff has let it slide. Don't get me wrong, we don't run out and spend money like crazy, but we have been eating out a bit more than normal, and with our increased income have been frittering it away a bit. That needs to stop. Bobby is going to be doing an additional year active duty at this point, and by the end of that time, we want to have a substantial nest egg built up to buy some land and get started building our first home. It's a common goal, so it's time to tighten up the purse strings around here.
I hope to participate in Money Making Monday every week, so come back next week for more tips!
Another big happening for me today-I won a free yard of fabric from the Sew, Mama, Sew blog! They have what they call Free Fabric Friday, and I enter every week when I'm able. I am SO excited, even though the spelled my name wrong. But that's ok, a yard of fabric is worth an extra H!
And in household news...my laundry and dishes are completely done and caught up. Those are 2 areas I definitely lack in (among MANY others), but I've been really making more of an effort in the housekeeping department so I'm excited. It's the little things right? How do all of you "do it all" so to speak. I dream of having one of those houses that's pretty and welcoming, and I try very hard, but never quite manage it (and most of the time don't even come close). Any tips for an insane mother of 4 who likes to procrastinate? I kinda do the Flylady thing, but don't follow it as close as I probably should I'm guessing.
Oh, and the picture above? It's from a quilt shop we visited in Gatlinburg (or somewhere around there, I'm horrid with directions/places). I LOVE it, and took this picture for inspiration. This was one of those shops who got all of their quilts from China, thus the "low low prices". So sad.
Thanks again for visiting, and come back soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger lera said…

    Congrats for winning the fabric! i won a few months ago. I was so completely thrilled!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home