Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Friday, January 04, 2008

What has been giveth, can be taken away

Otherwise known as the post where I gripe about the Army. My husband's unit left yesterday for GA. My husband did not. He was supposed to stay here to do stuff at the local base while they were all away. We were SO relieved that he wasn't going to be leaving for 4 months. Well, this morning when he went in, he got a little surprise. He's going to GA after all. He leaves the 9th and will be gone for 3-4 months. I'm not a happy camper over here.
First, I threw a mini tantrum once we hung up the phone. Then I griped out the fireplace because it doesn't want to work right either (and I'm sure operator error has nothing to do with that right?). Then I sat down and prayed. For strength, and sanity, and peace. And I'm better now. We were already basically prepared for him to leave, so nothing is different now right? I can still handle the homefront while he's away. I want it to be as positive as possible for the kids, and for him. My plan is to sew ALOT, and clean and all those things that I always shove aside while he's home.
Oh, and I sense alot of fabric buying in my future. And Reese Cups. Must have large stock of Reese Cups.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:05 AM, Blogger Noodle said…

    That stinks!! I was hoping that you'd get to keep hubby at home. :(

    Been there, done that, although never for that long. I'll pray for you all.

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh honey, i'm so sorry....can't imagine how hard that is. my dh travels for work quite a bit, but days at a time, not months....and we manage to whine about that. hang in there.

    that little one is adorable!

    teri

     
  • At 4:13 AM, Blogger Sweepstakes offers said…

    myshopriteexperience survey located at www.myshopriteexperience.com gives everyone a chance to be a winner. Click here to learn more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home