Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Well, that was unexpected...


Thanksgiving came and took us by storm! I overestimated myself in preparations so my computer time was severely limited. It's been one of those weekends, lovely, but...wow! First of all, my house is CLEAN (except for some lingering dishes and laundry of course!). I spent two days cleaning the heck out of this place in preparation for everyone coming here for Thanksgiving so it looks good, and I'm going to try and keep it that way. I'm working on some major decluttering around here, we simply have too much stuff.
The picture above is from about 2 weeks ago after my first seige on the front room. Now, my jacket is hung on the rack like it should be, the box of clothes is gone to the thrift, and the table is cleaned off. My sewing area was cleaned up, but I've been sewing like crazy the last few days so right now it has a bunch of projects in progress on it. I'm not even showing pics of my cutting table at this point because it's worse than it was! LOL!
Another development of the weekend was my husband's beloved Camaro breaking. Apparently the head gasket blew. Now, my knowledge of a cars mechanical workings is complete with putting the key in and turning it on, so all I know is that he said it's BROKEN. Horrid timing because he's leaving in just over a week for 4 months, and he wanted to drive his car, but will now be taking the truck instead. Time to start squirreling money away to pay for a new engine. I'm very thankful that he has the knowledge to fix it himself because just the engine alone is really expensive, let alone if we had to pay someone else for labor and the like.
I also got tagged last week by Green Bean Baby (if you haven't checked out her blog before, go do it...she has some SERIOUS talent!!!) . 7 random things about me...oy, coming up with these is gonna be hard, but here goes.

1. I've been pregnant 16 times. I've had 12 miscarriages for unknown reasons, even after a massive vampire session with my perinatologist while I was pregnant with Wyatt. I am VERY thankful that I have 4 healthy, happy babies now.

2. I've bitten my fingernails for as long as I can remember. My mom tried everything to get me to quit and nothing has ever worked. It even drives me crazy, but it's a mindless habit now.

3. I wanted to be a veterinarian as a kid until I found out that sometimes you have to put animals down. As an adult, I understand the need to do that sometimes, but I still can't handle an animal dying.

4. I'm addicted to Starbuck's Carmel Macchiato, but I try and limit myself to one every other week or so because it's insanely UN-frugal to pay over $4 for a cup of coffee.

5. I LOVE movies. I have a massive DVD collection of 400+ movies. I don't get to sit and watch them as often as I'd like anymore, but I still love them.

6. I hate putting laundry away. I don't mind doing the whole rest of the process, but for some reason putting it away is the worst. Again, very thankful for children on this one lol.

7. The most embarassing, and I can't believe I'm admitting this. When I was 5, I wanted to marry Michael Jackson and have baby zebras. Now, please remember I was 5...he was in his "Thriller" hay day, and was as yet untouched by plastic surgery. Also, I didn't understand how racial mixing worked at that point. Feel free to pick yourself up from the ground now lol.

Now, I tagged everyone I knew last time I got tagged, so if you're reading this...you're tagged! Now have fun!

We're off to return our nephews home from their stay this weekend, then I'll be sewing away some more. I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! I'm going to leave you with this question..what's YOUR secret to getting all your laundry put away in a timely manner????

1 Comments:

  • At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MIL "trained" me to fold it at the line, into room particular piles, and to deliver it to each room, instead of dumping the laundry basket straight into the laundry!
    Still doing it 37 years later, and I notice a couple of my daughters do the same.
    Must say your blog gives me great inspiration. Keep it up.
    Cheers, Joy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home