Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Baby issues

I know I've been "absent" for quite awhile, I didn't really intend on taking a blog break, but well, it happened lol. Baby Wyatt was diagnosed last month with a condition known as IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction), and with everything else that's been going on, I've been a basket case. As some of you know, my middle son Alex had this condition as well, and was born at 32 weeks, then spent quite a bit of time in the NICU. I will be 31 weeks on Tuesday. My doctor discussed a little bit about the possibility of an early delivery, with a determination to be made at my appointment tomorrow (although he did say I will more than likely not go further than 35 weeks). I'll go in for another ultrasound to check Wyatt's growth, and if all is not as it should be, a date will be scheduled for my csection.

As of my last appointment, his head was measuring right on with his due date, but his abdomen was measuring 3 weeks behind, and had shown no growth since the ultrasound before that. We believe that my placenta is not functioning correctly, most likely due to the bleed I had earlier in my pregnancy. IUGR is apparantly a relatively common occurence in pregnancies with those types of bleeds.

I just wanted to update everyone with why I disappeared, and I'll try and update again tomorrow when I get home from the doctor. I know Wyatt is ok, as he still moves quite a bit, etc. he's just having a rough go of it for now, and as any momma does, I'm worried. I've been having nightmares about Alex's birth and hospitalization, and have been holding him a little tighter because I know what's most likely coming and what the turnout will hopefully be again. Alex is a completely average 5 (almost 6) year old, although a bit on the small side, which can be attributed to the IUGR, or simply genetics, as I'm a small girl myself. Enough rambling...hopefully more tomorrow. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks, we can use it!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger twoluvcats said…

    ((((HUGS)))
    Thinking of you as always. Hope your appt goes well today.

    Luv ya!
    Em

     

Post a Comment

<< Home