Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gasp..it's crafting!

Why, yes, I do sew thank you very much! It's been awhile since I posted much crafty stuff, but with the new baby my sewing time has been quite limited. Also, my sewing machine had been doing massive weird things, skipping stitches and clunking around pretty bad. I tried to oil it, and that didn't help, then the bulb went out and we couldn't find a replacement locally. Long story short, my wonderful husband decided to give me my birthday present early...a new sewing machine!

He got me a Singer that has about 70 stitches, it converts to be able to do free motion quilting, and came with about 100 feet (not really, more like 10) that do all sorts of neat things. I've really enjoyed experimenting with it, and letting my imagination run with all the things I'll be able to do now. One of my first projects was a CD holder for your car visor. I had seen a tutorial on Instructables.com that was a good starting point, but I wasn't completely happy with the way the first one turned out using those directions. So I tweaked, and came up with this:

I used the super popular goldfish fabric from Freespirit with webbing for the straps. This was a gift for a super friend who helps keep me sane even though we're about a million miles apart. She's my technical assistance for any given thing, and I give her good recipes..good tradeoff huh?

I'm still tweaking the design a bit, and hope to offer them in my Etsy store soon. I love these and think it's a great way to personalize your car space!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Noodle said…

    Ooooh, I would totally buy one of these! Let me know when you offer them for sale. I love the idea of having a CD holder for the car with cool and funky fabric.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home