Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Another Toy Recall-The Date Rape Drug? You have to be kidding me

This latest recall is just making me sick to my stomach. The date rape drug, in a child's toy. Aqua Dots is not something we have, or were going to have in our house, but regardless I am just sick. How many pedophiles will be going dumpster diving in coming weeks for this super popular toy? When is this going to end?
Christmas will be different this year. We had already pledged to buy handmade as much as possible, but I was hitting a wall with ideas for my older kids. Let alone gifts for other family members. Now I'm searching out toys NOT made in China, and our list is consisting of LOTS of books for our little ones.
I'm also looking for toys like these to round things out. I love the "crunchy" feel of the Waldorf toys, which help maintain the types of things we teach around here anyway. I'd just never really looked at them before all these recalls.
It's ridiculous...and something needs to change QUICK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home