Froggy Girl Designs

A glimpse into my daily life of crafting, frugal living, and being a mom!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

A nice relaxing weekend..those really happen?

Every now and again, the stars align and we actually have a relatively relaxing weekend. Bobby is leaving in a few weeks for Army business for 4 months, so we're working on getting everything prepared here at home for him to be away-vehicle maintenance and the like. So he worked on those things this weekend, and I spent alot of time sewing. It's mental preparation ok? And sewing is the default way for me to relax. I always feel like a day is incomplete if I haven't touch my machine-please tell me I'm not the only one?

We still have alot to do-plastic on the windows, move my sewing room, and finish patching the wall in our bedroom where the previous tenants did a REALLY bad drywall job. I have all these high hopes of getting a million things done while he's gone that never seem to get done with him here. I'm dreading him leaving because he is totally the other half of me, and I tend to be a little lost without him around.
That being said...here's the jumpstart to my holiday sewing. I did 2 new visors this weekend, but this one I think is my favorite. I used the Joel Dewberry Rose Magenta fabric, with a lime green blender fabric for the contrast pockets. I love the way it turned out!


I'm trying to start stocking my Etsy store quite a bit more. Hoping holiday sales will kick in soon!
With all the recalls and things, and my Buy Handmade pledge (check the link in my sidebar for more information..it's a VERY cool thing) I'm really trying to come up with ideas for all the family members to receive handmade gifts from us. What kinds of gifts are YOU coming up with for a safe and hopefully handmade Christmas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home